It’s been a while – I’ve missed you!
There’s been a lot happening over here — so much that words don’t do it justice.
I’ve opened up to more love than I ever knew possible. And it’s been so, so hard.
“How can love be hard?!” you may be asking yourself.
Well first, let me give you a brief update of what’s transpired for me recently. Over the last 6 weeks I’ve:
- Fallen madly in love (like “this is it, I love you the way I love myself, twin-flame style love). In fact, he’s up this very rooftop recording a video right now, as I sit here by the pool (in Thailand, one of my favorite places) writing to you. Yeah, life is good.
- Received more support in my business than I could have ever imagined if I had tried (Modern Day Sorcerer is quickly transforming into a beautiful land of expanded vision and Jordanna having full space to serve, create, and fully embody this experience so that you may grow more deeply in yours).
- Just returned from spending a month at home with my family connecting with them and loving them up. Being an auntie is one of my favorite things in the world.
- Watched the people playing with my in Sorcerer School grow magnitudes in such a short period of time. Each week I’m blown away by what Spirit sends in and how courageously they take the work on.
But here’s the thing I’ve come to learn in the last six weeks as it’s all unfolded — it takes just as much courage to receive all of the things you’ve always desired, as it does to move move through any actual ‘challenge‘ in our lives.
We say we want love, but when it comes to the depths of what is possible in unconditional love, are we ready to receive it?
We say we want support, but when it comes to being able to truly let go of control and allow ourselves to be fully supported by another, are we ready to receive it?
With the holidays now in full swing, you’re inclined to have opportunities to receive love in ways you may have been craving for a while. With the holiday spirit upon us, and people feeling it’s cheer, there is support available when you just ask. But how open are you, really, to receiving all that’s available to you?
So this year, in support of your ability to receive the love and support that’s waiting for you, I’ve come up with a few of my favorite strategies to open yourself to receiving more of the goodness.
- Ask for it.
Often support is available and just waiting for us to claim it. The only person who believes you need to carry the weight of the world is you. So stop carrying all of the weight, and ask someone else if they’d be willing to share in the role. Quite often they’ve not only been willing, but hoping you’d ask. And once the weight gets distributed, it no longer feels like the weight of the world, but a joyous dance.
- Stop trying to be strong.
Often that strength you’ve been exhibiting is just a way to protect you from getting hurt. Or a way to block out the support and love you’re actually scared to receive. When you let go of trying to be strong, you open yourself up to the possibility that someone has been wanting to support you, and just waiting for the room to do so. Maybe you were holding up all of the weight of the world because with your two hands on it there was no room for someone else to step in and offer a hand without you dropping it? So loosen your grip, let go a little, and allow someone else to take hold.
- Acknowledge your fear.
Our programming is geared more toward protecting ourselves than it is toward receiving love. This can be hard to see because we so badly want to receive it. We may remember that in the end it’s all love, so then it would only stand to reason that the moment we open our arms to it it flows in to enjoy. Right?!
Ummm, not so much.
It’s not so easy, because we human beings are geared toward safety and survival first and foremost (albeit often false perceptions of what that means). This safety and survival may not be our core essence, but it is the core of our animal nature that’s not going anywhere anytime soon. So when you check in with how it really feels to receive love and support, just notice — are there fears present? If so, then GOOD. It means you’re expanding into being able to hold even more of it. So allow the fear to be present. Feel it fully. Once you let it flow through you, you’ll actually be able to receive more love and support than you could have if you hadn’t acknowledged the fear.
All of the love and support you’ve been desiring is there. You just have to let go enough to let it in.