Life is always moving forward, and in that forward motion comes choices we make along the way.
The choices are endless:
- What career path to take
- Where to live
- Whether to have children or not
- Whether to take this path or that one
- Learning this new skill or the other
- The beach or the mountains
- Vanilla or chocolate
Some choices leave room for you to return to them, to choose something new along the way. Others are chosen for you.
And many, if not most of your choices, once chosen, leave behind a plethora of other options – some of which may come back to haunt you or leave you wondering “what if.”
With choice comes the unfortunate reality that you can’t choose it all.
So when are the previously “closed doors” from our past choices really closed? Is it wise to return to a “what if” from past choices? When is okay to invite “what could have been” into present day life? And when do you know it’s too late?
The good news about your choices: It’s NEVER too late to glance back.
You might think, what about the choices that now leave imprints in your life that are unchangeable? For example, having children isn’t something you can go back on and choose otherwise. Even for those choices, there is still a door that awaits you.
You can go back and open the door to the parts of you, you previously thought lost.
That’s because it’s never about the choice itself. It’s about the feeling it would have brought you – the experience of an expression of you that you could have had if you had chosen A instead of B.
The choice that was already made may have left a lasting imprint of experience – but since when is experienceanything but beneficial?
Experiences – even seemingly awful ones – bring wisdom, awareness, and a deepened sense of self.Even the ones that seem to take you away from yourself ultimately bring you closer to you if you lean into the experience you have gained.
You may not be able to go back to the starting point before the first door was opened.
But there’s no hard and fast rule that says that, what was behind that door can’t be even better with experience, wisdom, and time.
So even if the exact door you left behind – the one that still has you wondering “what if” – can’t reappear or be reopened, the hope of the possibility and the expression of you that lies behind that very door can be there for you to walk through now.
Ask yourself the following:
- What are the feelings you had hoped it would bring you?
- What was the adventure behind that door?
- What form of expansion or growth had you desired for it to create for you?
And once you have yourself grounded in what you were seeking, then you can explore what’s next:
- What experiences lay ahead that could bring you those same feelings, adventures, growth, and expansion?
- What parts of yourself will you have to pick back up, dust off, and embrace to open those new doors?
- If fear stopped you from opening the door in the first place, what would it take for you to acknowledge and move through that fear today?
- What will it take for you to be ready to embrace the courage to take the step you didn’t take, but have continued to wonder about?
You can never lose a part of yourself that’s an aspect of your true expression. And it’s never too late to experience a part of you that’s… well… you.
Life is full of possibility to take hold of in an embrace of any expression you choose. And though one choice may be lost in the moment you choose another, with the passing of time, new choice is always available to you.
So quit looking behind, and look ahead to the doors that hold the possibilities of the expression you desire now – and take advantage of the perfect activity we’ve created for you to do just that!
Want a week of transformation, expansion, and epic connections to build on this week’s blog post?! We’ve put together a mini-Sorcerer School to give you just that! Click here to sign up!